Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lets put value to nothing

This blog was created for nights like these. Nights when its one in the morning and I have to get up at seven. Its nights where it feels like every thought I've ever thought seem to surface from my subconscious. Filing through the endless meaninglessness brain waves one memory at a time I stumbled upon my subject for this evening. "Worthlessness". You know if you say a word multiple times it seems to lose its meaning but if the word is "worthless" it has no meaning to begin with. Sure you could say well it means to be worth less then something else but if something is worth less then nothing then define how "worthless" nothing is. I know what I am trying to portray probably makes no sense and your probably staring at this computer screen saying "wow Kelton that was deep". Well don't fret my friends it makes sense in my mind and that's all that matters because honestly only three people have read this blog so for all intensive proposes this is for me to keep my sanity. Well back to the topic. I started thinking tonight about looking at worth from a different perspective. What if instead of trying to find my personal worth I start today searching for my worthlessness. To understand this let me explain it this way. In the movie "its a wonderful life" good ol' George Bailey is shown by an angel how awful everyone's life would have been if George was never born. Then at the end George realizes how great he is and he rings a bell angel gets his wings blah blah blah...... Its a very touching story but in all honesty would their lives have been that different. I mean how can you miss what you never knew you had. Unborn George had no worth so since George was nothing he was worthless. The world has us believe that money gives us worth but if we look at money its just fancy paper and worth seems to go out the window. If we start measuring our lives with worthlessness we can humble ourselves from the confusion of worth. Everyone who is born to this earth at some point thinks that they are worth something to someone and that is true but then we spend our whole lives trying to prove our worth. If we lived knowing that we are worthless and replaceable and at any moment we can be taken from this earth it puts things into perspective. We need not prove our worth but disprove our worthlessness. Let us all strive to become something to miss even if we were never meant to be missed. So ring that bell George and remember I think your pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment