Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Oh I love my Juab High School

Man oh man I am on one tonight ladies and gents. Lets talk about pride and what It means to have some. We are all born to a spot that we come to call home. It seems as though a hometown means something to everyone at one point in ones life but an interesting thing happens once you hit high school. Your hometown either becomes something your proud of or ashamed of. I am from a little town called Nephi in Juab county. Throughout high school I took pride in being and becoming a Juab Wasp. Now I know that was not the case for everyone tons of kids just didn't like the small town atmosphere and that is okay! What I am not okay with is the kids who use that small town atmosphere as a outlet to blame their problems on it. Just in the past few days I have heard phrases like that "stupid Juab causes all this drama" or "Damn Juab only cares about your last name" or my favorite "some kids love it there (Juab) because their daddy owns the school". COME ON PEOPLE!! how stupid can we get. Lets blame an entire community full of honest good working people on rumors or big mean things one or two people have said about you. What I learned about living in a small town is that words spread fast and rumors will start but in my eighteen years of life living in that town almost every rumor I ever heard was backed by a ton of truth. I am not saying that it is a good thing but if you are so concerned about being free from drama then check your own actions before bashing the name of a place people care about. oh and about the name game let me explain it the best way I have ever heard it. A kid on my baseball team once yelled at my coach  "you just play the name game" to which coach Nielsen replied "damn straight! everyone one of you have a name and I'll put in the name that plays the best" that's the point of a name isn't it? If you think that your name is not good enough to get the respect from a coach or teacher then make a name for yourself! Thats the reason you have one! If your dog, mom, brother, sister, aunt's twice removed step son put a bad mark on your last name then spend your life trying to erase it! And finally "your daddy owns the school" Give me a break! I know who your talking about here. Mr. Robbins is by far the most fair and level headed guys I have ever met. He has gone well above his call as an educator and gives equal and fair opportunity to all of his students especially his own son. Before you speak bad about a place and the people I love please look at your own life and your own bad feelings and see how you can change the person in the mirror. oh and hey remember I think your pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment